Hu Flung Pu

Thursday, June 16, 2005

I’m so proud of my brother

These last few days, my little brother was trying out for the U.S. National Lacrosse team. He and 120 of the best lacrosse players in the world were trying out for 23 spots on the US team. This team will compete against Australia, England, Ireland, Japan, Canada and many other nations for the right to be crowned International Lacrosse Champion next summer. Well, to spare you all the suspense........................ my brother did not make the team. But that’s not why I’m so proud of him. I spoke to him tonight, only a short while after he learned that he wouldn’t be on the team, and this is what he said……
”For three days I played the best lacrosse of my life, I really thought I made it, but everyone of the people that made that team deserved it.”
He’s won almost every award there is in the sport, and he almost made it to the highest level that the sport has to offer, but he didn’t, and he wasn’t bitter. He was proud of how he played and happy for those that made the team.

I hope that I can pass values like that to my children when I become a parent

Mr. Pu

2 Comments:

At 7:06 PM, Blogger Charlie Mc said...

great story.....It's nice to see that he takes pride in his effort and that even though the end result was not what he would have liked, he is respectful of the decision and happy he put his best out there.

 
At 4:30 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I am sure you will pass on those values to your children. Congrats for your brother.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home