Hu Flung Pu

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

A little about Mr. Pu……..

CMac’s recent blog about himself inspired me to tell my loyal readers a little about me.
I grew up in Freeport, NY, a town known for its waterfront and its cultural diversity. I learned from a very early age that no matter what the color of your skin, we’re all the same. A very valuable lesson for the world we live in.
I was a very shy kid growing up, but I was smart, and athletic. I graduated 5th out of 550 kids, a proud accomplishment for someone who was on the football, swim, and lacrosse teams all year long. After HS, I went on to Binghamton University, in upstate NY.
While in college I met some of the best friends I’ll ever have. Everyone should go away to college. I dated a girl, who after five years would later dump me to become a lesbian, and I studied Pre-Med. I took the MCAT’s, scored well, and decided not to apply to Med School. I just couldn’t see myself working long hours, always being on call, and never seeing my family.
Anyway, after college I got into the pharmaceutical field, and my good friend and I moved out on our own. Long Beach, NY (CMac’s town) was our stop, and we spent about 3 of the most incredible years down there. If I had the time, I could tell you all some incredible stories about some of the things we did down there. Towards the end of our three year Long Beach party, I met who would become my wife, a cute girl who I knew in college, but never hooked up with because I was with the lesbian. She needed a date for a wedding and I was free, so that was that.
When we got engaged I moved back home for a year to save money. It was an amazing time because I learned so much about my little sister, little brother and parents that I never would’ve known had I never lived with them again. Our family became a lot closer, and I’m really grateful for that year I got to spend with them. I got married, and moved into an apartment with my wife (above my in-laws). It was cheap and we tried really hard to stay out of each others way. After two years the two of us bought a house, and decided to make a baby so, that’s where I am now. We’ve got about two and a half months left until the baby pops out.
Oh yeah, when I got engaged, I switched jobs to my current employer, and for the past four years I’ve been able to meet some very amazing people. Friends that I hope to stay in touch with for a very long time. It will truly be a sad day when I leave my cube for good

14 Comments:

At 5:50 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Did you have a hint that she might be a lesbian? You met amazing people here? Where? I think they should retire your cube if or when you leave...kinda like an athlete’s locker

 
At 6:05 AM, Blogger Hu Flung Pu said...

No hint at all. Word on the street is she's going both ways now. Anyway, I agree, it's hard to find the amazing people amidst all the fuckheads walking around here, but there are some

 
At 6:29 AM, Blogger The Diva ♥ said...

do u know if its a boy or girl yet

 
At 6:43 AM, Blogger Hu Flung Pu said...

Blue - We're waiting to be surprised

 
At 7:00 AM, Blogger Hu Flung Pu said...

Sure Freak - Two weeks warning, just like everybody else

 
At 7:20 AM, Blogger Charlie Mc said...

Good to get a little background about you. Very interesting story. I think we all have had a girl or girls that we invested time in, only to find out something crazy about or to get hurt by. It all worked out for the best for you though. I am happy things are going well for you. It's great working with you as well. We'll see who leaves first though! haha

Long Beach has so many memories, I hope I stay there forever, but if I don't it will always hold a special place in my heart and mind, so much has happened in my life since I've been there...some good, some bad.

 
At 8:03 AM, Blogger supplymadam said...

I wish my diverse neighborhood I grew up in had good memories. It got so bad we had to move. Houses being broken into(while people were sleeping) Pit Bulls running amuck! My newsday lady had to quit her route for fear of getting attacked. The last straw was(besides my house getting robbed) was when my mom was walking her dog a group of young thugs were walking toward her and purposely closed ranks so she would have to walk around them.She lived in the same town but a different area and her next door neighbor also got robbed. We had a kid from a gang 2 doors down that had a 9mm gun in the the house that he killed someone with and thank God got arrested. I could go on & on with stories. Once on the next block there was some kind of gang fight,there was I kid you not almost 100 people involved. Very scary.
There were some really nice people as well on my block but unfortunately the bad outweighed the good.
You were fortunate to have a different experience than we did.

 
At 8:08 AM, Blogger The Diva ♥ said...

oh how sweet!

 
At 8:47 AM, Blogger Hu Flung Pu said...

Freak - if I told you to jumo out of a plane you'd do it

 
At 10:01 AM, Blogger Hu Flung Pu said...

Freak - I'm a lover not a fighter, by the way, "Get over here"

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger Hu Flung Pu said...

If i find out you're doing something other than work related, you are in a load of trouble young lady

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger supplymadam said...

You guys are a riot!LMAO

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger Hu Flung Pu said...

I smell the sarcasm

 
At 7:20 PM, Blogger Hu Flung Pu said...

Freaky - you are one of the amazing people

 

Post a Comment

<< Home