Hu Flung Pu

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

The Germany Trip......


Tomorrow night, I embark on a unique adventure with my brother, my father, and 17 of their firehouse buddies to Walldorf Germany. Once a year the guys from my Dad's firehouse go to their German "sister" firehouse to visit, and once a year some German firefighters come to visit us here. It's a pretty cool thing they've got going. Anyway, my father has never gone, and he said if me and Chris go, he'd go this year...........soooooooo we're off.......Mrs. Pu is officialy the front runner for wife of the year for letting me get away with this little trip. But anyway, here's our itinerary;

11/12th - Fly to Frankfurt, travel south about an hour to Walldorf and meet our hosts

13 - 14th - Participate in the Walldorf Kerwe festival. This little rural town has an annual fair and the visitors from the good ol' USA will be setting up a booth and selling Budweiser beer and Manhatten clam chowder. All proceeds will go to the Walldorf fire department. Should be fun.

15 - 16th - Travel to Obervietach, on the Chekoslovakian border, and hang with some more firehouse fellas from this town. We'll be spending the night here. My brother wants to hitch a train ride into Prague, Chekoslovakia.....he says "It's fucking ridiculous there." I'm not sure what he means exactly, especially since he's never been there or anywhere in europe for that matter, but I'm down for anything on this trip

17th - Head back into Germany and spend the day in Hiedelberg, an extremely historic city. Basic sightseeing, and numerous trips to the beer halls I presume

18th - We'll be exploring the castles and cathedrals of Speyer, and more beer halls

19th - This day we're traveling West towards France, and the Pfalz region of Germany for wine tasting. This should be a really cool day because I enjoy wine a lot and we should be able to see a lot of the country side

20 - 21st - Hang out in Wallldorf for the last two days, or travel around, basically do whatever we want. But our last night there, the mayor of Walldorf will be hosting us for a big party in honor of us. Supposedly it's a huge event with hundreds of people. Oh yeah, more beer halls thes last two days as well.

22nd - Fly back to JFK

So, that's it folks....this trip should be one of the most amazing experiences of my life, and I'm really excited to be spending it with my Dad and brother. I can't wait to get there, but I'll definitely miss Mrs. Pu and Bella very much. My phone cards are already purchased and ready to go.

Well, goodnight all, wish me luck, talk to you soon,

luv,
Mr. Pu

1 Comments:

At 3:30 PM, Blogger supplymadam said...

You'll be home soon,hope to hear all about your trip.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home