Hu Flung Pu

Sunday, August 14, 2005

My parents house

Well, another weekend has come to close, and I really had a great one. Friday was a lot of fun, would've been better had I not been driving or had a conscience, but that's ok. Saturday was my god child's christening complete with full blown party at my parents, and Sunday was a little BBQ/ finish up the left-overs, again at my parents. I really love my parents house. It's an absolutely tremendous old victorian home. It was built around 1890, and believe me, it has all the character of a home that is well past its centenial birthday. It's got 6 bedrooms, 3 full baths, wrap around front/side porch, formal dining/living rooms, a library, and very large eat in kitchen, a 20 by 20 ft family room which overlooks a back yard with a swimming pool and enough deck space and lawn to host a 200 person event. Oh yeah and a 2 bedroom apartment in the basement. Anyway, it's a really old house and growing up, my father and I would fix virtually anything and everything that would eventually need updating. I guess that's how I became so handy. Through the years we've had some great parties at this place. Most that my parents know about, and others that only my little brother and sister and a few others remember. I hope one day that I can afford a place like this one. Most likely it won't be on Long Island 'cause it's just too damn expensive up here. But I would really love to be able to host/entertain guests like my parents have done over the years.
I love my parents house..........
Mr. Pu

9 Comments:

At 5:02 AM, Blogger Charlie Mc said...

were there any disco moves to speak of?

 
At 5:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quote of the (News)week
I won't be joining the great tradition of Mark Twain and Winston Churchill anytime soon, but allow me to share my own quote recently thrown into the world, courtesy of Newsweek.
Hey, I like your blog - I'll be back as the man said. Visit me atlose weight if you are into lose weight related stuff.

 
At 5:39 AM, Blogger Hu Flung Pu said...

Hey "anonymous dick-head." Stop advertising on my site. Get your own web site for your fuckin ceiling fan blades and lose weight info.
Asshole

cmac - not enough alcohol for that

 
At 8:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The house sounds amazing, but then again, any house w/a pool sounds good to me!

 
At 9:14 AM, Blogger Hu Flung Pu said...

Too old???? Freak, I'm insulted

 
At 9:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds like my absolute dream house. How charming. You must have had a great time growing up in that home.

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger Hu Flung Pu said...

Freak - go on mapquest, plug in hauppauge, NY, and you'll soon see where your next office will be

 
At 1:18 PM, Blogger supplymadam said...

Sounds like a great house. I agree with you that you won't find anything on LI affordable like it.Such a shame,huh?

 
At 6:40 PM, Blogger Hu Flung Pu said...

freak - What's 50 - 1 ????

 

Post a Comment

<< Home