Hu Flung Pu

Friday, July 22, 2005

There's a sad sort of clanging
From the clock in the hall
And the bells in the steeple too,
And up in the nurs'ry an absurd little bird
Is popping out to say "coocoo".

Regretfully they tell us,
But firmly they compel us
To say goodby to you.

So long, farewell, Auf wiedersehn, good night,
I hate to go and leave this pretty sight.
So long, farewell, Auf wiedersehn,
adieu, Adieu, adieu, to yieu and yieu and yieu.

So long, farewell, Au'voir, auf wiedersehn,
I'd like to stay and taste my first champagne
So long, farewell, Auf wiedersehn, goodbye,
I leave and heave a sigh and say goodbye,
Good bye

I'm glad to go,
I cannot tell a lie.
I flit, I float,
I fleetly flee, I fly.

The sun has gone to bed and so must I
So long, farewell, auf wiedersehn, goodbye,
Goodbye,
Goodbye,
Goodbye!

4 Comments:

At 9:22 AM, Blogger Hu Flung Pu said...

I can honestly say that I really enjoy that movie too. Not sure how much backlash I’m gonna take for saying that, but the movie has definitely grown on me in recent years.

 
At 7:18 PM, Blogger Hu Flung Pu said...

And lust,

You are 16 going on 17
Fellows will fall in line
Eager young lads
And grueways and cads
Will offer you fruit and wine

 
At 8:53 PM, Blogger Hu Flung Pu said...

I've got it on DVD

 
At 8:04 AM, Blogger supplymadam said...

The Sound of Music and Mary Poppins.
But Victor Victoria?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home